Wednesday, November 10, 2010

attempting pupusas

not so good
I enjoyed a delicious plate of pupusas at Santaneca de la Mission so when I was walking down the grocery store aisle and noticed some masa flour I thought I would attempt to make some at home.  Attempt.  That's what it was.  The dough was really sticky, I couldn't get it thin enough and the beans and cheese started leaking out.  Way too heavy and not the right texture.  So I think I will just wait til I get back to the Mission to enjoy pupusas again.



yummy leftovers, even without
the cheese and avocado
But I was still craving some Mission-style food so when I was flipping through the March 2010 issue of Cook's Illustrated and saw a recipe for pork tinga on tostadas I decided to try it.  It was excellent.  Definitely a meal to make again, especially with the cold weather on the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment